Friday, February 24, 2012

Is it really stomach pain?

Since Monday, Dylan always complain that he has stomach pain whenever he has his lunch. There is vomiting involved but no diarrhea. On the first day, it caused an alarm and we decided not to skip school. I brought him to see doctor the next day. Doctor said it is food poisoning and prescribed him medicine, one for his stomach pain and one to prevent vomiting after eating. Today is the Friday already, and he is still complaining he has stomach pain.

I read some article on the net, it can be caused by stress. He only has home work stress. And the rush before the school bus came. I suspect is the later and he make up his stomach pain story. Nanny asked me to give him medicine to cure it. I personally dislike to take medicine to cure anything. To me medicine cannot cure bad eat habit.

He has his breakfast at 9am and it takes some time for him to finish it by 10am. Then he take his lunch at 11am. (that is if he finish his lunch!) Snack time at school is at 3:30 pm (that's if he doesn't forget to eat). His dinner is at 8pm. So between 9am to 9pm, if he doesn't have proper food, there is sure a lot stomach wind accumulate which cause him to have stomach pain.

Next month he will stay at home with me. I will have to make sure he had his lunch before going to school. I will need to go market and cook early. I hope I can cope with the lunch cooking and teaching him school work at the same time.

No comments: